About Us

2014 Girl & Boy of the Year

Piper

Piper_034_cropped

Piper is an active four-year-old from Wellington, FL who was diagnosed with ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia) in January 2013. Her treatment towards a cure will last approximately two and a half years. This October, Piper began the maintenance phase of her treatment. With strong support of family and friends, the family is meeting this challenge head on and committed to bring awareness for all those diagnosed with blood cancer.

Joshua

Joshua_049_1
Joshua is a spirited fifteen-year old in his freshman year of high school. Joshua just returned to public school afer being home-schooled for two years. He was originally diagnosed with non-Hodgkins T-cell lymphoma at the age of six, then he relapsed at the age of twelve. This necessitated a stem cell transplant which he received from an unrelated donor two years ago. Now, he considers the day that he received this lifesaving procedure, April 25, 2012, as his birthday. Joshua is enjoying school and all the activities and friends it brings.

About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

LLS is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.

The Organization’s Key Priorities will ensure that: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society helps blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.

About Our Efforts

Thanks to your support, my efforts will help fund the therapies and treatments needed by Piper, Joshua and so many more children and adults who are affected by these aggressive diseases. Just several years ago, children diagnosed with blood cancers had a 10% chance of survival. Today, thanks to organizations like LLS, the survival rate is over 90%!

LLS’s continued advancements over the years are responsible for the blood cancer survival rate doubling and tripling; in some cases, the survival rate has even quadrupled.

And many LLS supported therapies not only help blood cancer patients but are now used to treat patients with rare forms of stomach and skin cancers. They’re even being tested in clinical trials for patients with a range of cancers including lung, brain, breast, pancreatic and prostate cancers. LLS funded drugs like Gleevec, Sprycel, Arinza, Tasigna and Zolinza are now being tested for patients with other non-cancerous diseases like Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis.

We really are changing the face of blood cancer!

All donations are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible. They’ll not only support LLS research but patient services, advocacy, public and professional education, and community services as well.

On behalf of blood cancer patients everywhere I thank you for your support!


Make a donation today and join the movement.

Charity Organizers

Enter your pledge amount

$